Canon have announced the new EOS 1DX, the replacement for the current EOS 1D series cameras:
Offering an unparalleled combination of speed, resolution and image quality, the EOS-1D X is the ultimate camera for capturing stunning images and Full HD movies. Whether shooting in the studio, the sports field, or anywhere in between, this model is ideal for virtually any professional photographer. The new model launches as the flagship in Canon’s DSLR line up – marking the 10th generation of Canon’s professional system with the most advanced EOS model ever produced.
Headline specs are as follows:
- 18.1MP full-frame sensor
- 12fps or 14fps (14 frames per second using a super high speed mode – not sure what this compromises)
- Dual “DIGIC 5+” processors, giving a 2-stop improvement in noise performance
- ISO range 100 to an expanded 204800
- New 61-point wide-area autofocus system
- Newly-designed RGB metering system
For details see the press release on the Canon UK website.